Louise initially qualified at the bar and completed her pupillage with David Turner QC at Exchange Chambers in Liverpool.
From there Louise spent over 7 years as a senior crown prosecutor with Greater Manchester Crown Prosecution Service before leaving to join the highly respected team at Burton Copeland.
Louise’s role includes the management of the busy Crown Court department and continues to represent members of the Royal College of Nursing in respect of both criminal and disciplinary matters; the preparation of high profile Crown Court cases including historic sexual offences, murder and drugs and conducting her own advocacy in the magistrates’ court. Holds the Higher Court (Criminal Advocacy) qualification.
Louise is a member of The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn and The Law Society. She is President of Manchester Law Society.
Notable Cases Include:
- The General Pharmaceutical Council v K : Professional disciplinary proceedings.
- R (L) v Coroner : For Midland North Shropshire.
- R v O : Stalker of David Beckham.
- R v N-B : Child abuse.
- R v Mark Daley : The BBC undercover reporter who exposed racism in Greater Manchester Police. Link to The Guardian report
- R v G : Blackmail of the Rooneys - acquitted
- R v S : Allegation of sexual assault - acquitted.
- R v W : Murder - acquitted
- R v A : Multiple sexual assaults
- R v J : Nurse charged with assault of patient - acquitted.
- R v P : Nurse charged with assault of patient - acquitted.
- R v A : Nurse accused of neglect (represented at both inquest and the NMC) - no findings recorded against client.
- R v R : Nurse accused of gross negligence manslaughter - no charges brought.