Senior Crown Court Litigator
Matloob joined Burton Copeland in April 2022 but has over 10 years’ previous experience working in Criminal Law at two other firms in the Northwest. His recent experience has been primarily dealing with high profile cases of conspiracy to supply drugs, murder and serious violence, gang-related crime and white collar financial crime and fraud.
Matloob is also experienced with Confiscation Proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002. On many occasions he has been effective in reducing the criminal benefit figure claimed by the prosecution and his submissions have led to the successful discharge (removal) of pre-charge Restraint Orders of clients bank accounts and assetts.
He is an Accredited Police Station Representative and regularly attends Police Stations and provides proactive pre-charge advice to clients suspected of committing a wide range of Criminal Offences.
He maintains strong links with the community in East Lancashire where he is involved in various voluntary organisations and projects.
- Operation Smarten/Bend – Hawala Banking and £180m money-laundering fraud, trafficking criminal monies around the world and cuckoo-smurfing.
- R-v-P – Perverting the Course of Justice, successfully stayed the proceedings on an Abuse of the Process for delay and health reasons of the defendant.
- Operation Messer – Conspiracy to facilitate illegal immigration, the case involved complex jurisdictional points of law and extradition from an EU member state.
- R-v-T – Insurance fraud and reckless Arson
- R-v-P – Care home neglect case in which the term of imprisonment was successfully reduced on appeal.
- GMP v MM & SM – Successfully discharged a pre-charge Restraint Order imposed on two defendants in relation to an ongoing fraud and money laundering investigation to allow access to vehicles and a mortgage drawdown.
- Operation Forbear – £380m MTIC – Fraud in which over 200,000 pages of evidence needed to be analysed.
- R-v-Y – Death by dangerous driving case, it was alleged that the defendant was involved in a street race resulting in the death of another road user, the defendant was acquitted of causing the death.
- R-v-K – Murder case, involving complex psychiatric issues in which diminished responsibility defence was advanced on behalf of the defendant.
Had Matloob as my Solicitor for a case.
Gave me excellent advice when we met and kept me updated through the case which resulted in a No Further Action from the police.
Would recommend to anyone, no nonsense solicitor who tells you the possibilities the likely outcomes and keeps you grounded.
Millad – Google Review
Matloob Ahmed was the Litigator that dealt with the case. I had such a positive experienced with him, he was always in communication with me and made me feel at ease. He is an extremely knowledgeable and professional in his dealings. The outcome of the case was the absolute best it could have been and after a long, stressful and scary 10 months I can finally put this horrible situation to bed and move forward. Thank you Matloob wishing you a happy and successful career at Burton Copeland. Best wishes
Bonnie Rowle – Google Review
I have had an amazing experience with Burton & Copeland with special thanks to Matloob. He was extremely supportive, understanding & compassionate during my case, providing support even out of hours. Matt made a concerted effort to make sure I was at ease at all times & broke down every step of the case to me in a way that I could easily understand. He is an incredible solicitor & I would 100% recommend!
Jade Kan – Google Review
Matloob Ahmed is the best Solicitor I have ever worked with. From our first meeting, he explained everything to me in terms I could easily understand. He was always very responsive when I had questions outside of our meetings & because of his excellence, we achieved the outcome we wanted 👍
If anyone is looking for an extremely knowledgeable Solicitor at a great price, then ask for Matloob! He is a credit to the firm.