The annual Manchester Legal Awards, which recognise and celebrate the region’s thriving and outstanding legal talent, are just weeks away!
Burton Copeland applied to two categories this year, and we’re delighted and proud to announce that we’ve been shortlisted for both of them. The final interviews to decide the winners are actually being held today (17th January), at Manchester Chamber of Commerce by multiple panels of judges in several categories.
Winners won’t be revealed though until the prestigious awards ceremony, which is the biggest event of it’s kind in the North West, and is to be held at the Midland Hotel on Thursday 5th March 2020 at 7:30pm.
The two categories we have been shortlisted for are:
- Burton Copeland for Small Firm of the Year (1-5 partners nationally).
- Our own Hannah Costley for Trainee/Paralegal/Apprentice of the Year.
The other categories to be decided include:
- Private Client Team of the Year
- Solicitor of the Year
- Property Team of the Year
- Pro Bono/Community Initiative of the Year
- Regulatory Team of the Year
- Law Firm Innovation of the Year
- Barrister/QC of the Year
- Corporate / Commercial Team of the Year
- Barristers Chambers of the Year
- Crime Team of the Year
- Partner of the Year
- Employment Team of the Year
- Small Firm of the Year (1-5 partners nationally)
- Family Law Team of the Year
- Medium Firm of the Year (6-20 partners nationally)
- Lifetime Achievement
Fran Eccles-Bech, chief executive of the Manchester Law Society, said: “The Manchester Legal Awards is one of the highlights of the legal calendar and we’re pleased to announce that entries for this prestigious event are now open.”
“They recognise those firms and individuals who demonstrate genuine excellence in their field, both in a legal and commercial sense.”
“The standard of entries is always exceptionally high, and we encourage any firm or individual who has worked tirelessly over the qualifying period to have their hard-work recognised.
Here’s what Dan Weed, Compliance Partner at Burton Copeland had to say:
“We are absolutely delighted to have been shortlisted again at the Manchester Legal Awards in 2020 and are really looking forward to the award ceremony which is always a fantastic night amongst the very best of Manchester’s legal talent”
For details of the other finalists you can view the Manchester Legal Awards Website here.