Facing allegations of impairment of fitness to practise and a General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) investigation can be a stressful time. A positive approach to proceedings can help to reduce the risk of a suspension from, or, in extreme circumstances, erasure from the pharmaceutical register. We can assist by providing solid, sensible, tactical advice and representation.
Get in touch with our professional discipline solicitors today if you are facing investigation by the GPhC.
In addition, if you are a pharmacist or a pharmacy technician and you have been accused of a criminal offence our team can assist you. You can either call us on 0161 827 9500, or complete our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
The specialist solicitors at Burton Copeland are experts in professional discipline which means we can provide guidance throughout the entire GPhC process, from initial referral through to GPhC Fitness to Practise Committee hearings and provide representation at a criminal trial, if necessary.
Our team can assist you within the following areas:
- Specialist advice during GPhC investigations
- Preparation and representation at Fitness to Practise Committee and other GPhC hearings (including Interim Orders hearings of the Fitness to Practise Committee)
- Appeals of decisions made by the GPhC to the High Court or to the Court of Session, if you are registered in Scotland
- Appeals of decisions made by the GPhC in relation to the registration assessment
- Advice on and preparation of responses to the GPhC, written on your behalf
- Advice and support during police station interviews
- Drafting witness statements and representing you at the Coroner’s Court
- Preparing for and representing you at a criminal trial
- Advising overseas registered pharmacists on the requirements for practise in the UK
Throughout these proceedings, we pride ourselves on handling cases sensitively and confidentially, working with you to protect your interests at all times.
Experts in GPhC defence
We have been working on cases involving pharmacists and pharmacy technicians for over 35 years, and our services have been recognised by legal directories Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500. You can therefore be assured that our team is providing you with the best advice possible. Our lawyers will always listen to your instructions, review all the evidence and work to prepare the best possible defence for you.
Contact us today
If you are facing an investigation relating to impairment of your fitness to practise, or if you require information on the requirements to practise as a pharmacist or pharmacy technician in the UK, contact our Manchester office today by calling 0161 827 9500. To get in touch with us out of office hours, you can either fill in our contact form or call 0161 832 7834.