Corporate Manslaughter Solicitors
In the event of someone dying in the workplace, an investigation will be launched by the police in association with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to determine whether the organisation involved was at fault. This is known as corporate manslaughter and can be incredibly damaging to a business.
If allegations are made against your company, the corporate manslaughter lawyers at Burton Copeland are on hand to provide legal advice and support during this difficult time. To find out more, or to speak to a solicitor about your situation, call our Manchester office today on 0161 827 9500, or fill in our contact form and we will get back to you shortly.
What penalties can a business face?
An investigation will determine the cause of the fatality, how the company has approached its health and safety obligations, and whether or not the incident could have been avoided. If found guilty, a number of penalties can be faced, including:
- Unlimited fines – where a convicted business is imposed with a fine of at least £500,000
- Remedial orders – where companies are required to address the failings that caused the offence
- Publicity orders – where a business is forced to publicly display details of corporate manslaughter, resulting in significant reputational damage
- Rejected insurance – where insurance companies can no longer apply for cover in the workplace
Mounting a successful defence with the right lawyers can result in a reduced risk of facing the harshest penalties, meaning less damage to your business.
How Burton Copeland can help
Due to the sensitive nature of these cases, it is imperative that you get the right kind of legal advice. If your company has been accused of corporate manslaughter, we can help you by:
- Making you aware of your rights
- Keeping your interests protected
- Preparing you for hearings and interviews
- Writing responses on your behalf
- Representing you in court, if necessary
We have a reputation for providing a first-class service thanks to the results we have been able to get our clients. Our lawyers are experts in this area of law, meaning you can rest assured that you will receive the best support possible during this stressful time.
Our solicitors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so you’ll have access to guidance whenever you might need it. If circumstances permit, we can discuss legal aid options also.
Get in touch today
If you your company is facing allegations of corporate manslaughter make sure you receive the best help possible by contacting Burton Copeland. To speak to a member of the team, you can either call us on 0161 827 9500 during office hours, or on 0161 832 7834 at any other time. Alternatively, fill in our enquiry form and we will be in touch with you shortly.